Farewell to "City of Dreams"

Squatting on the rocks beside Arabian Sea, feeling the cool breeze playing with my hair and each coming wave weaving a new dream to make failure attempts to touch the endless sky. Suddenly Mother Nature sprinkled few droplets of water on my cheeks as if giving me a good bye kiss and pouring its blessings on my head. It was hard for me to believe that this is the last time I’m embraced with my favorite place this way. With a very heavy heart and teary eyes I bid my farewell to bandstand.

I recalled all those times I’ve been rushing towards the lap of sea. I never need to explain things here, I never need to justify myself yet the big "mute" conversation used to take place. It has witnessed all my tears, shared all my joys, comforted me in all my difficult times and embraced whenever I felt myself all alone in this whole world. Closing eyes and with deep breath I gathered courage to put my steps backwards to way of my home.

The most beautiful thing for my own small world has been the window view of my room. The useless efforts of Gulmohar tree to cover the huge mountain behind often made me smile. It has remained the best friend of mine since the very first time I came to Mumbai and opened the window. There was a strange kind of mutual attraction developed and I found the great pleasure every time I used to gaze every part of this tree. It showed the tremendous patience to listen and understand the messages I wanted to convey with my different kind of gazes. I’ve seen all colours and shades of the tree. The cherishing green, scintillating red and sympathetic yellow. Each leaf of the tree has entertained me by showing their dances and the songs which was both melodious and unique. It taught me the beauty of remaining together still manages to emanate the individuality and that too, effectively. For me, its always been my companion throughout my journey. I can’t remember any day I would have spent without talking to it. To my surprise it has always answered me back and made me realize my importance which quite often I, myself, tend to forget.

How will I spend sharad-purnima nights now? On the terrace of my 14 story building, I used to feel the moon so close to me that it appeared as if I hold my hands a bit higher I can touch it. That used to be the day for which I’ve been kept waiting to feel the equal proportion of amalgamation of divine and love together in the breeze of one night. It used to be so mesmerizing sight that I completely dissolve myself into it and require some efforts to regain myself to the real world. The night used to end with the delicious “kheer” prepared my mom and definitely add more sweetness to the whole experience.

I’m wondering what will I get in Delhi which is called “city of people having big hearts” to reconcile the all emptiness I’ve kept inside and carrying in my heart by leaving the “city of Dreams”- Mumbai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How silly I was!!!

What if....

A letter which I loved..