Mourning Trust....

I’m often being scolded by my loved ones for trusting people blindly. I’ve this strange habit of talking to strangers. I enjoy knowing different kind of people, variety in thoughts, variety of work they do and I always try to learn something out of it. Yes, it is correct that I encounter some ugliest consequences but that are very less when I compare it with the joy and enrichment I get due to my this habit. Today, many people are my very good friends who were strangers at one point of time for me. And the association turned out to be extremely wonderful.
Few days earlier, I was returning home by my company bus. It met with an accident and we got down. I went ahead, tried but wasn’t able to catch any BEST bus they were overloaded. Getting an auto rickshaw at the evening time is a Herculean task at this route and even if u manage to get one, the traffic is so horrible that you just keep cursing why the hell have you got this auto. Hence I decided to walk. Walking over 2 kilometers, I started feeling tired and my speed slowed down. Suddenly an auto rickshaw arrived and a guy offered me lift. He works in my office only. I took and came home. When I reached home, my mom fired over me for taking lift from office guy. She says that I’ll realize one day, when some one take me off and throw me in gutter.

Imagine the situation in other way. Walking over 2 kilometers, I got tired and my speed slowed down. The person working in my office offered me to help, I denied. He asked twice and I denied again, and he left. It is very obvious that it could hurt the genuine sentiment of person who is offering help. He would not try to approach any girl for help in future even if the condition is worse. What I’ve done. I’ve added one more person in that group who are indifferent to the society well being. I’ve reduced one person from that cluster, which is enthusiastic of doing something for the benefit of people who are in trouble by disparaging him.

I agree that it could have happened that those who offered me help tried to take advantage of it. I don’t deny the strong probability of this fact. But, doesn’t my point have the strength to sustain in front of this. I know the face of world is getting darker day by day, people are turning devils, and for a girl like me, the “trust” has vanished its existence completely.

According to me, even if try to take a lot of precautions can I prevent myself completely from facing all those embarrassing situations which today’s young women are facing all over the world. Had I not accepted lift, wasn’t the possibility that someone would have just pulled me in a vehicle while I was walking.

I’m not saying don’t take precautions and trust anyone blindly. But, then, why complaining that the now a days the humanitarian concept is loosing its essence. Faith, Trust, all these have become meaningless. It is we all, who are contributing one or another way to make people realize that, if you offer us anything with good intentions you are going to be insulted.

Accepting help is equally important to offering help. Just imagine if a rich man in jungle is dying out of thirst and you have water that much only, which is sufficient for you. Still, just because you can sustain for some more time, you offer this to another person and he just denied by suspecting that it could have poison in it and you are offering water because you want his money. Eventually, the rich man dies, and the other person went ahead with the thought that no one is worth his kindness in this world. I’m talking about general mentality. There are some great people who are unaffected of such things, they keep helping people whether one accepts or reject it.

My point is, what kind of world we are creating. Where we are heading? One time we talk about making the world an ideal place to live, where people live for each other and next moment we encourage feeling of disparagement by our behaviour. What kind of world is this that is teaching us to see everyone with suspicious eyes?
I’m against all prohibitions of mind. I’m just sad because even if we are same species we just can’t trust each other. And due to this we belittle many times good people, and building the foundation of a selfish society where people are just extremely indifferent to each other.

I just don’t understand how people make predictions. When a guy talks to a girl nicely, she assumes he is going to propose her next moment. When a girl talks nicely to a guy he assumes it’s a positive sign and she would accept if he proposes her. And if they don’t think anything world make stories. I hate making boundaries around me. Boundaries of predictions, boundaries of mistrust, boundaries of suspects. I can’t breathe properly by taking this much burdens on my shoulder. I believe in smiling in return when person throws a smile over you. I believe in holding hands, which comes to support and lift you. I believe that proportion of good people in the world is higher than the bad ones.

I just want to tell you, my friends that I agree; I understand your point but just want you to see it in a different way. The way I think, the way I see all this. I respect your care for me and I will try my best to stay away from strangers, I’ll take precautions and take care of myself to remain indifferent from the people and make sure not to smile in return.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice blog Rimjhim....
Unknown said…
Any comment will be less or not to the mark on what you have written, as it cannot be measured, as far my words are concern I know your potential and "MOTI ko uski pahechan batane ki jarurat nahi hoti, uski apni pahechan hoti hai" so keep writting and spread and magic of words dear.
All the best for your life :)
RAJESH :)

Popular posts from this blog

How silly I was!!!

What if....

A letter which I loved..